Good luck and may the best chef win!
Competition Dining Series 2013 Rules
- Tournament will be a Single Elimination Bracket Series
- Chefs must be a team of three dressed in kitchen uniform
- One flex cook allowed per team (so long as they don't compete on another team)
- Secret Ingredients will be revealed on the day of each competition (teams agree to confidentiality)
- Each Chef must create three dishes incorporating secret ingredients (may be any type of dish, appetizer, entree, dessert)
- Chef teams may not cook dishes from their own restaurants menus (ex. signature dishes or items). This is where honesty and integrity make good sportsmanship.
- Teams may only use ingredients provided. More ingredients will not be available due to ruining original product given
- Day Preparations will take place from approximately 12:00 noon to 6:00pm at designated location (lunch provided for Chef teams)
- Each team may bring their own equipment and is subject to review by Competition Dining Series Organizers.
- Guests will arrive at 6:30pm, dinner service will begin around 7:00pm
- Order of dishes served will be determined by the Chef Ref and agreed to by competing Chefs as to best accomodate the guests
- Judging will be by guests who will have forms or mobile apps to fill out during service along with a panel of selected media and culinary professional judges
- Guests will be instructed how to judge based on Competition Dining Series judging criteria
- Winner of each competition will be determined at the end of the evening
- Winners will advance in the bracket to the finals and compete for grand prize of $2000 (a 1099 tax form will be issued at the end of the year to recipient)
- Runner Up will receive $500
- All Competition Dining Events are held under the exclusive supervision of a referee known as the "Chef Ref" and will be executed in accordance with the following rules.
- Good sportsmanship, sanitation and organization will be the prevailing attitude throughout the competition.
- All cooks/teams will play by these rules and, where necessary, any supplemental rules stipulated by the Competition Dining Series Organizers.
- The interpretation of these Competition Rules, in relation to a specific event, will rest with the Competition Organizers, whose decisions shall be final and binding. Protests after the fact will not be considered.
- Any cook/team who, during the course of any event, fails to comply with any of these Competition Rules, will be subject to disqualification from that event.
- Gambling is neither permitted nor sanctioned.
- Our voting system is designed to address any anomalies and errors.
- Diner’s scores will be weighted 70% and Professional/Guest judges scores will be weighted 30% for each event.
- Final Fire scoring ratios between Diners and Professional/Guest judges will be weighted equally.
- We reserve the rights to change the rules any time at our discretion.